A hint to those posting here for the first time

I have noticed this is happening a lot as people are wanting to plant for Fall: no hint of poster's location in the world or in the US is being given. For some topics, such as fertilizers or starting seeds, it is easy to give an answer to anyone, where ever they may be.
But although we are ALL Superior Gardeners here, there is no way we can give specific plant names without knowing where these plants will be growing. The best we can do is give a long list of plants, some of which are going to be entirely unsuitable for the area in question. So PLEASE give us an idea of where you live if you want an educated/ specific list of plants for your planting area.
What is evergreen in So Calif. may not be so in Nor Calif and may not even grow in Ohio.!
Thank you and Happy Gardening Emilie
On 9/12/2007 6:31 PM, mleblanca wrote:

You don't have to go to the extent of my signature (below). But you should indicate not only the general area but also the geography. There are many different climates within 100 miles of my home, from mountain to desert to subtropical.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

Geography more generally refers to political demarcation. The word you want is "biome".
This information pertains to wherever in the USA you are.
Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case Sensitive.
Troubles in the Rhizosphere http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html
Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html and Look up "Tree Planting" http://www.treedictionary.com
Improper Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html and http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/ Look up "Mulch"
Improper Pruning http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning
Improper Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry) http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html
Tree Farming and Related Problems http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND /
Sincerely, John A. Keslick, Jr. Consulting Arborist http://home.ccil.org/~treeman and www.treedictionary.com Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss.

But, what about problems with moonflowers? Browallia? Does that information pertain to these plants? What about caladium?
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:08:27 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Those problems may be Case Sensitive as well.

they Might well Be. one never Knows. :)
symplastless said:

[spamsnip]
No it doesn't. It has absolutely *nothing* to do with the OP. Nothing. It only has to do with your own little, feeble mind, thinking that you're actually *something*, when in reality you're just another fscking spammer. You backup nothing that you post about, except with your own website, which is of no authority whatsoever.
You haven't a cloo how to format a post to The USENET, and you've proved time and time again that you know nothing about gardening, forestry, etc.
You're related to Stubby, aren't you.
--

Eggs

-Half the people you know are below average.

Except for the Juniper ashe trees and except for couple of weeks in spring, the live oaks, nothing else can be considered "evergreen" in my area. All remaining foliage goes dormant. Dave