Subject Author Posted Replies

question about eBay plant offerings
anybody buy or know if "hirtsgardens" sells pretty good stuff? they are on eBay. Ingrid
5
5

rambles, prickly thoughts, sticky pots and Spring madness raging.....
madgardener here, just thought I'd holler back and throw out a ramble, some prickly thoughts and chat about sticky pots and Springn madness raging through me at the moment. Yesterday I went to...

Large-plant seeds? ? ?
Recently I ordered from India some seeds for a large blooming shrub called osmanthus fragrens, or sweet olive, or tea olive. These seeds are black, in a husk, about the size of grapefruit seeds. They...
3
3

Large Pot
I have a ceramic pot that looks to be about ten gallons in size and it doesn't have a drain hole at the bottom. I was thinking of placing rocks and sand at the bottom for a base and setting a five...
21
21

Sick of Winter so I looked at my house plants
I got sick of winter so started concentrating on my house plants. Below is a link to a small slide show of my happy house plants. This is the first year they actually look good in the winter. Thanks.
1
1

Azalea dilema
Hi all- I've lived in my home for 1.5 years, and when we moved in, the previous owners had 2 azalea bushes. Both are about 12 feet tall and about 10ft. wide. They are enormous. I don't want to remove...
5
5

Evergreen Trees too close together
About 10 years ago my neighbor planted two rows (staggered) of evergreens to act as a privacy barrier. Now the trees are getting pretty big and he is concerned that they might choke each other out and...
14
14

Why Flowers Have Lost Their Scent
Ethanol is obviously not the solution to pollution. Like Kunstler says, we gotta give up the damned driving. Charlie --------------------- Flowers Have Lost Their Scent Pollution is dulling the scent...
2
2

Report From Them That's Doin'
Likely some of you will recognize the plagerized subject line. ;-) Excellant weather this weekend! Mid-seventies today and the 'maters are enjoying their first outing on the porch. Onion and leek...
9
9

daffodill bulbs
I'm no gardener but have had the unfortunate task of tending my father's grave. I planted some daff bulbs last autumn and had a beautiful display but the flowers are now dying off. I shall soon be...
32
32

What plant is this??
A couple of years ago I planted celantro from seed in a small garden outback. It grew ok and I saved some of the seeds to use as corriander. The next year, some of the dropped seeds sprouted and I had...

Weeds and frogs
Interesting article. Before you shrug "So?" consider that all life is linked -- including ours. BTW - What happens to the run-off? It goes into the sewers -- and from there, in coastal and...

do groundhogs eat compost
We recently bought a 90 gal capacity compost bin from Costco live in the country. Something (we figure groundhogs) are eating our compost. Now we say when we empty our uncooked vegetable scraps,...
20
20

Big, easy houseplants for bachelor idiot
Hi, I have a pothos as a houseplant, which I love, and I want to buy some more house plants like it. So here's what I'm looking for: 1. Just green leaves, preferably not flower bearing. (Fruit bearing...
5
5

Tabletop greenhouse
I'd like to build a simple tabletop greenhouse / terrarium? -- maybe 12 x 24 inches or so with some flourescent lighting. My question is this -- How do you determine the size of the openings to...