3 trunked palm plant on "In a Fix"?

On a recent episode of the show " In a fix" they renovated a homes backyard around a pool. There was a section where they introduced a palm plant that had three trunks and the called it a "triple...something or other, it was hard to understand the biological name. they said it can come in single double triple or 4 trunk varieties. I would guesstimate that trunk diameter on this plant was 3-4 inches(each). By chance did anyone see this show and know of which palm I speak? Any guesses otherwise? Thanks Brandon

Reply to
Brandon

There are multiple trunked palms such as the Areca (Dypsis lutecens) which are close clumping multi-trunked palms nature makes and then there are multiple palms that man makes by starting several seeds in one pot. Almost any palm can be man made into a multiple. The common ones are the Dwarf Pygmy Date palm (Phoenix robellenii) and the Christmas Palm (Adonidia merrillii).

Reply to
Ricky

Thanks for the replies, the one that was shown one the show didn't look like any of the ones anyone mentioned. The trunk was basically smooth and fairly tall. I think I may be able to make out the name of the landscaper and their phone number on the show ( they show his truck), I may just call him !

Thanks Again Brandon

Reply to
Brandon

I managed to get the website of the landscaper who did the work off the shirt he was wearing in the show.. Emailed them and got my answer... The palm tree in question is called an adonidia palm. Another name for the tree is a Christmas tree palm.

Brandon

Reply to
Brandon