Subject Author Posted Replies

Rubus Spectabilis
I grow Rubus Spectabilis 'Olympic Double' syn. 'Flora Plena' in my North Yorkshire garden.

Therapik Yea I know a bit spamy but I got one years ago and it works.
Just used it 1/2 hour ago for mosquito bite meant plural. We have them about heavy this year. Bill

Re-turf a garden that is soft/sinking?
Hi all, I'm planning to sort out my back garden as it is weed infested! Here's the real problem tho - the ground is so soft & unlevel. If you stand in one place just for a minute, you start to sink!...

Off Topic Mummies and a way to keep informed
11. Beyond Stone & Bone Magazine has had a blog since June 2008, and this website provides access to the current edition and all of the past posts. If you're looking for a fine pastiche of information...

Jade plant help
I have two Jade plants on both the leaves have started becoming yellow/red on one of the plants the leaves are no longer stiff and strong, but a little wrinkly and and feel soft. this is on most...
5
5

How Long Does Tree Spray Need?
I've been wanting to spray my small orchard for three days now, since the petals fell, but it's been too windy. I'd hoped the wind would die down this evening, Thursday, but no luck. I'll try tomorrow...
3
3

Spot re-seed grass - Wait how long to apply pre-emerge?
I'm trying that new grass seed that Scott has, guaranteed to grow. It seemed to work for the neighbor. How long should I wait before I have pre-emerge applied to prevent crabgrass?
15
15

Worm castings as top cover
I am a huge fan of worm castings; I mix into soil when readying new planting beds. What about using it as top cover. Both to keep soil from drying out, and -- most important -- "send" nutrients down...

Using Compost without Soil?
Hi all, Is it alright to use compost straight without mixing it with soil or other additives? I plan to fill up some raised beds with cheap compost that I can get from a local recycle center. Thanks.
31
31

fixing broken plants
Every now and then some poor plant or bush in garden gets lopped off. The latest was a cuke that had a tree branch fall on it. I now just have the stem poking up. Is there any way to fix or at least...
10
10

Identify this weed ?
Could anyone identify this for me its popping up everywhere under my stone bedding there's loads of them ? +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: | |Download:...
7
7

Chelsea Flower Show
Got my tickets for Chelsea flower show for the Friday.

Salty flower.
I keep finding my flowers covered in a salt like substance? Any idea what it is?
1
1

Bougainvillea question
I have this planted in a 7" hanging pot and exposed all winter and now spring in a south facing window, indoors. It is blooming again, the second time as of now. It puzzles me. Last summer i had it...
1
1

Plants that survive with little water
Without knowing location I can't recommend any specific plant but why does it need to be in a container... without regular tending it's pretty much impossible for any above ground container grown...
4
4