Subject Author Posted Replies

Levelling out a lawn
For voulenteer work I do turf cutting at the church my Mum goes to, up until now I've used a rotary push mower and a rotary lawn tractor but just yesterday I bought a Ransomes Marquis 20" cylinder...
2
2

Question on how to install 4x4 pressure treated posts.........
I need to install two pressure treated 4x4s in my yard that I plan to hook a cable to as a dog run. This way he can safely chase rabbits from my garden area. The posts are 10' long. My soil is mostly...
12
12

Tomatoes
According to the local fish-wrap the weather is 4 degrees cooler than normal here, north of San Francisco. Gardens are said not to be doing well in the region, but ours seems to be doing fine, he said...
1
1

This mosquito is good at hiding
Yes, they certainly do exit, but it's highly unlikely that mosquitos would be attracted to fly paper. Fly paper attracts house flies and gnats. The male mosquito feeds on plant sap, only the female...
8
8

Bit of help required
Hi there, I was wondering if any of you folks could help us identify a plant/bush that is in our garden (we only moved in 6 months ago). At first we thought that it was a Hawthorn (and it may well be)...
9
9

Neighbor never has good tomatoes and it's his own fault
My next door neighbor never has good tomatoes and each year he complains : I'm never going to buy my plants there again! LOL He don't fertilize his soil at all, he don't water them at all and he...
5
5

Apple scab -- still good for juice?
By chance, would anyone know if Jonathan apples that have scab (untreated trees) would still make good juice? I've been told to "press away" -- but just want to confirm. Certainly, a perfectionist may...
2
2

Need help identifying plant
Hello, I need to know what this plant is. My mum passed away in February, about a month after a plant arrived addressed to her, it must've been really really late! I made sure I kept the receipt so I...

World tree canopy Map
1
1

Would welcome advice about taking on communal grounds maintenance
Hi all, I am writing to ask for some advice from anyone with any relevant experience or for that matter from anyone who has any thoughts. I moved in to my new build house three years ago. There are...
5
5

Tomato performance update so far this year..........
My Jet Stars are ripening first and giving me my first vine ripened fruit. Champion ll are setting about a dozen med. size fruit per plant. Plants are well behaved and lend themselves well to staking....
11
11

when is corn ready in zone 5- Wisconsin?
When should I begin haunting the Farmer's market for fabulous locally grown sweet corn? INgrid ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Somewhere between zone 5 and 6...
13
13

Flora in Kivu, DR Congo
I have searched in vain so far for a list of plants native to Kivu - immediately west of the E. African Rift, and west of Lake Kivu. This is a frivolous enquiry to the extent that it is meant to...
1
1

Flowers on parsley?
It's always been my understanding that parsley flowered in its second year, but mine are (theoretically) first year plants, purchased from a garden center, and they're flowering. Why?
5
5

Rabbits destructive this year
Planted eight cauliflower plants a week ago for a fall crop. The rabbits have sampled the leaves on every plant and have one down to nothing but a bare stem. Sad part is: I just can't fence off every...
21
21