Subject Author Posted Replies

Gladioli Bulbs
I have a dozen bulbs that need planting and not sure what to plant them in, which soil to use, what position to put them in etc. Please help.... Thanks
1
1

australian grass tree help!!!!!!
hello all i have had a grass tree for 4 years now and wrapped up in fleece each winter with no probs however noticed today the leaves had dropped on removal of fleece i found the leaves had rotted at...
5
5

Plants for a North facing border
We have a long 2m deep border running along the front wall of our house. At the edge of it is a dwarf hedge of Lonicera Lemon Beauty. The house is north facing and shady, and the soil is chalky but...

Gardener from Warwickshire, UK
Hello, everyone! I'm a new member of GardenBanter and I've already posted an introduction in the UK section of the forum. However, I thought it might be a good idea to post it here, too. I'm happy to...

Bulb Planting
Hi There. I am wondering if anyone out there could tell me if it is too late to plant bulbs now. I have many Iris and dafodils and tulip bulbs that were purchased in October. They have been stored in...
5
5

Holly Trees Root Structure
Hi, Does anyone know what type of root structure a common holy tree has? We've just moved and within 12 hours of moving in our neighbours had sent round their friendly tree surgeon to enquire if they...
2
2

Round-up season is almost here.
Roundup Red Alert! What You Need to Know About the Pesticide Poised to "Push Us All Off of the Cliff" The USDA just approved another GMO crop dependent on dousings of the pesticide Roundup. Here's...
2
2

Liming with calcium oxide (quicklime)
I have been a lurker on these forums for a while now and many others, this is my first thread :). With regards to liming many people use slaked lime (Calcium carbonate) however when anyone seems to...
2
2

Flowers in June
I am a keen gardener and my daughter is getting married on June 18 this year. we are holding the recpetion at home in a marquee and I wanr to make sure the garden has a good display. I monitored the...
1
1

How To Grow Plumeria Cuttings
Hi Everybody, Recently I published an article titled, Plumeria Plants - How To Grow Plumeria Cuttings. I thought I share this article with you in case some of you are thinking about starting plumerias...

Ping Billy
Billy you might get a giggle out of the allusion I made in another ng yesterday to the benefits of travel. Have a look at the post I made in in the thread 'Allotment rents rise 300%'. :-)))
8
8

Biochar?
Hi, all. I keep hearing good things about biochar as a soil amendment. Does anyone here have experience using it? I'm thinking of adding it to my flower gardens and vegetable beds. nancy
16
16

Cold frame advice
I'm considering putting together some cold frames to get an early start on some cabbages, brocolli, etc. this year. Does anyone have any practical advice they would like to share? How to build them,...
3
3

Appropriate hedging for south east aspect and in keeping with Georgian property?
Hi has anyone any idea about appropriate hedging types to suit a south east facing aspect outside a Georgian 3 storey town house? I have no idea what is in keeping or where to start with gardening...
5
5

Help me please to find the name of the flower!!!
However, established plants will have a group of buds at the end of a stalk. As one flower dies, another blooms. When the last bud opens and the flower then dies, you should cut the stalk. A new stalk...
5
5