Wild grape question

Page 2 of 2
In article

Sounds good! This weeks smoke came out well. I did it over more mimosa and a little bit of mesquite. I also made my first batch of Liverwurst using a modified recipe from Rytek Kutas. It's the gods. :-) I'm trying to eat more organ meats for health reasons and I like liver sausage better than plain liver. Heart, I like as is but I brined and smoked some a couple of weeks ago and it came out almost like lean bacon. ;-d My Canadian Bacon experiment has been a complete success...
This is fun!
Ob gardening: The only crops I'm growing this year (other than herbs) are Sunflower Sprouts on my kitchen windowsill. Water is just too expensive, especially during this very bad and long drought.
The beauty of sprouts is that they are ready to harvest in 5 to 7 days. Very satisfying as an edible crop that way. :-)
--
Peace! Om

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot

This kind of question is exactly why the NY Ag. Extension Dept. was created more than a century ago . . .
The answer is: probably not. Ontario producers fiddled with native grapes for 50 years before giving up, removing all, and replanting with French or German vines.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
Don Phillipson wrote:

Depends on what you mean. Varieties created from native grapes are widely used, especially Concords.
Brian
--
Day 222 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project