What's eating my melons?

In my area we have the usual suspects:squirrels, possums, rabbits and an occasional racoon, although I have not seen one in several years. My newly ripe melons have been bitten into. Are any or all of the above the culprits. If so what is a good bait for a Havaheart trap. Thanks, Richard
Groundhogs, aka woodchucks, are very fond of melons, especially cantaloupes.
Sue
--
snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net
Zone 6, Southcentral PA

I caught a turtle munching on the end of one of my watermelons. I guess maybe he was looking for water?
Dwayne

you,re just gonna have to trust me on this dead roting fish . smelly but real fast on most garden varmints ps always put bait downwind of house.(little humor there)