What cucumber is this?

My brother bought a four inch pot with two cucumber plants in it at Home Depot. They were supposed to be "Lemon" cucumbers. They are not. Can anyone take a look at the pictures of the cucumber fruit and tell me what they are? (The ruler is marked in inches.)
http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0253cropped5ea.jpg
http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/7745/pict0254cropped2mt.jpg
--
My previous cat Rocket thought that every time I ate something he
should get some canned cat food. Marmaduke, the cat I have now,
Daniel Prince wrote:

it's a gherkin (pickling cuke). I plant those for slicing because they produce early, and I like the taste.

In NJ they call them Kirby's. Also used for pickles and seem to be burpless in our house.
Betsyb

Thank you "betsyb" and "simy1"for your reply. I thought it might be a gherkin but when I looked a pictures of gherkins on Google images search, what I found looked very different. Apparently what we call a gherkin is not a true gherkin which is a different genus.
How big should I let it get before I pick it?
--
My previous cat Rocket thought that every time I ate something he
should get some canned cat food. Marmaduke, the cat I have now,

I would wait till they get to be 4-6 inches no bigger if you want them for pickles. They are great in salads too.
Betsy

What is the best size for use in salads?
--
I know that if you grow fruits or vegetables and sell them they
are called produce. If I grow fruits or vegetables and give
Daniel Prince wrote:

I pick them at 5-6 inches.

for
The best size depends on the variety. Some mature much smaller than others.
Pick one when it reaches 6". Slice into coins and look at the seed size.
If the seeds are well developed (non-existent), then pick sooner (later) next time..

6 Incehs is fine but smaller if none are ready