Transplant arcane terminology

The recent post on seed propagation got me wondering if there are terms that denote a practice that is of value.
Here is one I grew up with. "Mudding them in." Which suggests new transplants like it wet and the more the better. This was aimed at tomatoes, peppers and eggplants but we even did it with corn.
--
Bill Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA