Too much rain

We had almost 7" of rain on Sunday and Monday. My newly planted bean seeds were under water. Guess I will just wait and see what happens. I won't be able to walk in the garden for several days.
A good thing about the rain, the asparagus has had a resurgence.
--
USA
North Carolina Foothills

MJ
The Cook;958847 Wrote: > We had almost 7" of rain on Sunday and Monday. My newly planted bean

I would take just 1" of the stuff in my garden right now
--
Finley South

@yahoo.com says...

I hope there isn't flooding in your area beyond the obvious transient ....annoyance and concern a deluge causes.
snipped-for-privacy@snip.net says...

...Geez...
...but I know what you mean. ...and signs of worse to come if it keeps up.
My neighbours all have to have sump pumps and appropriate drainage because the post-WW2 area below our little hill is in an area that was once swamp.
Given the way of the weather these days, a belt and suspenders approach seems prudent, whatever the apparent weather and need.