Too many tomato plants

Hi all,
Im a VERY armature gardener and this year I decided to grow my own tomatoes. I bought 3 seed packets and planted all 3 packets into 3 seed trays. The seedlings have grown and I now have around 80 separate tomato plants ready to plant out. I thought I could plant them all into 3-4 grow bags but I have since been told that I should only have 3-4 plants per bag. I dont have space for more than about 4 grow bags so that leaves me with a lot of seedlings left over!
Does any one have any suggestions what I can do with these? I would like to keep as many as possible but space is a real issue ( I live in London!) I do have a small flower bed and was considering planting a few directly into the soil?
Many help for any ideas M
--
TheMaverick

Tomato plants shouldn't be any problem to give away. If you have a flea market, you might consider selling them there, which is where, I suspect, the ones I gave away went.
--
- Billy

Bush's 3rd term: Obama plus another elective war
On Wed, 4 May 2011 20:47:14 +0000, TheMaverick

Plant as many as you have room for, crowding will not improve the yield. Put some in the flower garden. Give the spares to friends and neighbours.
David

Learn to preserve the tomatoes, I see canning in your future.

You might try planting a "hedge" of tomato plants. Plant them along a fence or around the perimeter of your yard, and put down some drip watering lines. --S.