tomato side shoots as fetilizer??

Am I imagining this? Many years ago I think I read somewhere that the sideshoots taken from corden tomatoes could be soaked in water and made a good fertilizer to feed back to the plants

Anyone know anything about this?

All the best Sue

Reply to
darkbrowneggs

Any cuttings off your plants (not diseased) can be recylcled into compost. I know of no reason why tomatoes or a special kind of tomato would be any better than anything else. Typically fleshy shoots from annuals would not contain great concentrations of nutrients, they are mainly cellulose and water.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

It's much better to root them for late tomato production.

Reply to
Steve Peek