Tomato pesticides, anything better than Malathion?

Page 2 of 2

But do they effectively clump cat urine?
Otherwise I may as well use Feline Pine.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

I haven't used the clay scooping litter, so I can't give a direct comparison, but yes the Sweat Scoop seems to clump OK. The clumps have something of a loose structure (can tend to fall apart) when they are still wet. If they dry out for a day or so they are more cohesive. Sometimes you get wet litter on the bottom of the pan - I've never seen this as a huge or unsolvable problem but some people I know can't stand it.

There's a strong element of preference in this (both your preference and your cat's). My cat was very tolerant when she was new and I was trying out different litters.

We still keep one litter box of pine or cedar shavings for the cats that don't like the clumping litter.
I'll have to experiment in a separate litter box with the new stuff. I'd really like to start being able to put cat waste on my Canna bed again. It did them a LOT of good.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.
Glenna Rose wrote:

That's part of it, although the plant looks like maybe it got too much nitrogen because it doesn't have many blooms nor tomatoes yet. I think those will just come later than on the plants that aren't doing so well.
I think next year when I do the "spring cleaning" in my back yard, I will follow that umn.edu page's advice about burying dog waste at least 6" deep in the soil. I'll bury it about 10" deep under my tomato plants. ;-)
Bob

Make sure you compost it first. ;-) One nice thing about black bag composting, leaving it (the bags) in the sun heats it to high temps so kills any parasites.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.
snipped-for-privacy@panix.com writes:

The clumping after a number of hours (vs. within minutes) would be an issue for those of us who have automatic litter boxes. I would really like a "friendlier" litter, but clumping for the rake is important as it rakes ten minutes after the cat has been there. The clay litter works fine, but I have little choice but to send it to the dump as I have pretty much put it all the places I can without compromising my garden. :-(
Glenna
snipped-for-privacy@pmug.org (Glenna Rose) wrote:

That clumping litter is terrible in the garden. I've removed all that was dumped their early on before I learned better!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.