Things are starting to come up

My rhubarb is putting out leaves, the horseradish is popping up, and the garlic I planted the first week in Dec is up 3-4 inches now.
- Mark

Where ARE you?
Enviously,
On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 21:15:36 -0400, Gary Woods

Southern Indiana - the Ohio valley just across the river from Louisvile, KY. I'm only a couple of hundred yards from the river and that helps moderate my microclimate.
- Mark

home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic
Progress here. I can see the tops of the row stakes I left in the garden last fall. Still a lot of snow to melt. Yes Gary, You are a bit south of me. Somehow Lake Ontario doesn't help to mederate the temps much - only provides a lot of lake effect snow. But I am inland about 10 miles.
JonquilJan northern New York.
Learn something new every day As long as you are learning, you are living When you stop learning, you start dying

That's just about where the snow drops, isn't it? Older daughter is SW of Rochester. I can't complain to her about snow! I can't even see the sticks that mark the garlic bed yet, though with a few (barely) above freezing with rain days, maybe they'll show themselves.

few
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic
I am just about at the center of the eastern end of Lake Ontario - between the lake and the Tug Hill Plateau. My soil is marvelous. A very rich slightly sandy loam. somehwat makes up for the short growing season.,
JonquilJan
Learn something new every day As long as you are learning, you are living When you stop learning, you start dying
On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 21:15:36 -0400, Gary Woods

Meant to say, Gary - MANY years ago, I was WD4GZS.
- Mark