The smell

Page 3 of 3

How may lopes? I have 2 hills and about 6 plants and only see 4 softball sized fruit. I've had plenty of pollinators the last month.
Zone 6 NY
Cheers
Martin Riddle wrote:

I've got about a dozen more in various stages of growth , on 6 plants . And they're still bloomin' ...
And that one tastes as sweet as it smelled . Giant 'lope , about 10" long and over 7" in diameter . And Juicy ! I made a mess of the countertop cuttin' it up to put into a tupperware bowl for refrigerator storage . I ended up puttin some in a ziploc , my second-biggest bowl wasn't big enough . The biggest one is gonna be full of home made spaghetti sauce as soon as it cools enough .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

I had a melon fall off a vine that has since died. But I now see 3 more starting to develop. So hopefully it stays warm here in NY. And the first ripe one is about a week or two away ;)
Cheers