Strawberry leaves being eaten

All summer, I've had a problem with the leaves on the strawberries being eaten, its not slugs or snails, or the usual caterpillars. I have found the occasional tiny green caterpillar like thing, but only about maybe 5mm long max and not many of them ... eventually the leaves become skeletonized. I always grow the everbearing all summer type, but it seems that the crop has been much reduced this year. I've sprayed with Murphy's intecticide to no avail. Anyone else had this problem? Thanks
--
ladya00

ladya00;935337 Wrote: > All summer, I've had a problem with the leaves on the strawberries being > eaten, its not slugs or snails, or the usual caterpillars. I have found > the occasional tiny green caterpillar like thing, but only about maybe > 5mm long max and not many of them ... eventually the leaves become > skeletonized. I always grow the everbearing all summer type, but it > seems that the crop has been much reduced this year. I've sprayed with > Murphy's intecticide to no avail. Anyone else had this problem? Thanks
This web page has a good list of the pests which can attack strawberries
http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca /$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/prm2561
sadly, the cure for some of them is to get rid of your plants and start again!
Hope this helps
--
howtogrowveg