Strawberry ABC's

I have some strawberries planted in a wagon and not doing so good. I want to transplant them to a bed. What kind of soil? How much water? How frequently? I have heard they like to be "wet". Pointers appreciated.
Steve B wrote:

Reasonably rich soil, horse 'nure is good. Full sun. I dunno about wet, don't let them wilt on hot days but I wouldn't keep them wet. Organise some sort of mesh cover for birds, repel slugs and children too. Everybody and everything likes ripe strawbs.
David