Spanish Onions?

I'm growing these for the first time this year. When do you harvest them in zone 6b? Is there anything special you have to do when you harvest them? I thought I heard somewhere that you have to leave them laying on the ground for awhile? I'm not sure about this.

Onions are ready to harvest when the tops fall over and turn brown. The easiest way to dry them is to braid the tops in buches and hang them in a garage or out building. You can leave on top of ground to dry IF it not the rainy season. I prefer to get them into a dry shed. Sweet Spanish are only moderate keepers so plan to use them within 4 months or so.
FarmerDill wrote:

Thanks for the help!