Runner beans

How long does it take from planting for runner beans to show themselves on a plot of open ground? I planted some last year in a propogator and they came up very quickly however I planted some (after risk of frosts) about two and a half weeks ago and nothing has happened. I thought the birds might have had them but there has been no soil disturbance.

Beans like warm soil to germinate. For me, the last frost date is April 15. The year my husband planted beans at the point, they did nothing. Planted about June 1 and they did great.
--
Susan N.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and