Re: Strawberries - which variety?

x-no-archive: yes
snipped-for-privacy@Underworld.com wrote:

<snip>
From the Sunset Western Garden Book (1996) (p. 495), under the "Strawberry" heading:
"'Fort Laramie' Everbearing. Good yield of large, bright red berries over long season. Excellent flavor.
"'Quinault. Everbearing. Fruit is large, attractive, tasty, rather soft. Good producer of runners."
From this, it sounds as if the plant with the "many runners" is the Quinault, and the other one is the Fort Laramie.
-- dkra
--
dkraatmmiiidotixdotnetcomdotcom
[Subtract two thousand and (one plus two), plus the "." of course.]
On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:04:07 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com (dkra) wrote:

Damn! I've *got* the WGB, recent edition. Sometimes one doesn't think of the obvious. Much obliged!
Thank-you shipment of berries on the way <g>
--
Persephone

x-no-archive: yes
snipped-for-privacy@Underworld.com wrote:
<snip>

Thank _you_ -- you've inspired me to plant a few Fort Laramie plants; I found their description so intriguing. Looking forward to tasty fruit!
-- dkra