Re: Squash regrowth

<< I posted earlier about getting only one banana squash from my hydroponicly growing plant. It was delicious. >>
I posted earlier about zuccini stem borers attacking my plants. I was getting a great yeild of about 2 large fruits a week from each plant. I was swimming in zuccini! After the infestation problem was solved, about 5 of my 20 plants survived the bugs and they have regrown to fruiting size. I am now have alot more room in my garden and I'm picking zuccinis again! Yay!!!
Jack in Brooklyn NY
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Jack1000) wrote:

We also had an infestation of the borers (eeew gross and disgusting). My DH cut them out of the stems (there were a LOT of them--- huge too) and then did the burying trick. We did not lose one of our three plants (Ravens) and they are continuing to produce nicely. Oh, he also treated them once with something (not Sevin).