Re(2): horse compose

snipped-for-privacy@jeack.com.au writes:

As always, mileage varies. The horse manure I got for several years came complete with thousands of earthworms. Aged is the key, don't you think?
Glenna
Of course Glenna, I did fail to mention that aged compost is fine. I made the assumption that the horse manure would be fresh.. You can put fresh manure on any bed, wormed or otherwise, and over time the worms will come back with a vengence. (6 months or more) But if you don't want to kill off the existing worms, fresh manure needs to be 'checked'. If the animals have been recently wormed or you are unsure, I think it is safer to put it into a heated compost.