raspberry canes

Hi I wonder if anyone can help. I have well established raspberry canes which produce a wonderful amount of fruit year in year out, i want to move them from thier current spot into planters, can i do this without killing them and when would be the best time of year to do this if i could? any advice would be appreciated.
--
hansons

Raspberries are as tough as old boots and the main problem most people have is trying to stop them from stangling us in our beds. If you don't allow teh dug up roots to dry out till they are like crisps and transplant them with only a modicum of care into a large enough container with halfway decent potting mix, you will have no trouble whatsoever.
'Farm1[_4_ Wrote: > ;965345']"hansons" snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk wrote in message

> canes

> have

> allow