Pumpkins and Watermelons

Hi, I am trying to grow pumpkins and I was wondering if you have to grow it
on a hill like you grow most squash. What conditions do you need for growing watermelon? Also, do pumpkins and watermelons grow in Colorado?
Thanks, Dylan

Watermelon like sun, heat, and water (they are about 90% water). They do like their space, about a foot on each side of the vine. If you can keep most the plant in the sun (it ain't easy some times) they'll probably do well.
Puckdropper
--
www.uncreativelabs.net

Sow seeds _in_ a hill, not _on_ a hill.
Sowing 'in a hill' means three seeds close together, as opposed to sowing in a row (i.e., corn, beans, carrots), where the individual seeds are sown x inches apart.
For watermelon, sow 5 - 7 seeds in hills about 6' apart, then thin to leave the three best plants.
Seeds in a hill... x x x x x x x x.....6'...... x x
Seeds in a row... x x x x x x x