Poorly plants... :(

I had several varieties of tomatoes that were all growing really well, until I went on holiday, and decided to bring some seaweed and seashells back with me.

I applied them to the garden thinking they would make great fertilizer, but several days later, the lower leaves started going speckly, and crispy.

I'm not 100% sure it was the seaweed tea/crushed seashells, but there's no other explanation (other than virus or disease).

Can anyone identify the issue, and please tell me if it's terminal, or can the plants recover?

Many thanks.

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: small.gif | |Download:
||Filename: small-2.gif | |Download:
solar flick

Salt?

David Hare-Scott

They MIGHT recover if you remove ALL of the crap you added. Then flush well with clear water...allow to dry down a bit and then water with a complete fertilizer solution. Subsequent use of a tomato fertilizer for regular waterings would be advisable.

Reply to
Roy

I notice you are in the UK. From the way you've worded your query it sounds like these tomatoes are ones you are growing right now. If so, it's not the season fro growing tomatoes so dont' even try. Dump them and stop wondering. Try again next summer.

Reply to
Farm1

Yes, now you mention it, I'm wondering if that's not it.

If you're right, and that's what it is... should I pull up all the plants and start again, do you think?

:(

solar flick

Yep. Next spring

David Hare-Scott