pollination + a small bet

Hello, My buddy swears that a bell pepper, (or anything else) will produce peppers without pollination and that the peppers will only lack seeds and will otherwise be normal. I say bologna. a little help if you please.

thanks,

rick keenan charlotte nc USA snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Rick

Only if treated with hormones to make it _think_ it was pollinated...

otherwise, only if it is a "seedless" variety.

At least AFAIK???

Reply to
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Reply to
chris

AFAIK, there's only one thing that ever supposedly bore fruit

*without* pollination, and that was over 2000 years ago. There is still a celebration of this event by the people who believe it really happened. It's held on December 25th each year.

Ross.

Reply to
RR

Here's my experience. I had a bell pepper plant that I kept in a pot for several years. When it was out for the summer, it produces normal peppers. When I brought it in for the winter, as spring approached, it would produce a few peppers that were seedless, small, round rather than bell shaped and not as flavorful as a pepper produced when outside. That's from a single plant and I don't know if other varieties would do the same of not.

Steve

Rick wrote:

Reply to
Steve