Plum pruning...

Our garden contains several very productive plum trees that have not been well managed over the years and have become very top-heavy. The fruit is delicious, but unfortunately most of it is too high for us to harvest.

We're planning on cutting back the trees this summer, as per advice regarding the silverleaf fungus and waiting until June before pruning. I would like to know if there is any harm in waiting until August - when the trees are full of fruit - rather than doing the pruning in June.

Thanks in advance.

IdleJay

Reply to
IdleJay