Please identify this plant

Page 2 of 2
I while back some kids camped in a river bed where I used to live and brought hot dogs to cook. They used oleander stems to cook them over the fire, they started feeling sick they went home and died the next day. It was pretty sad.
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 18:25:55 -0700, against all advice, something

I'll bet, no. Not really.
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/poison/oleander.asp

    However that same article goes on to say:

    My state has signs where oleander grows in public places warning against eating, cutting or burning any part of the plant.
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 09:55:22 -0500, against all advice, something compelled snipped-for-privacy@invalid.net, to say:

I believe that oleander is poisonous. I don't believe a bunch of kids on a campout died from a wienie roast near the OP's home.

    Yeah, right: in 1886. bee oh ell oh gee in aaa