peppers and greenhouse

Hi folks.
This is my first year with growing my own veg - and I am learning slowly. As I eat a lot of peppers, I would like to stat growing my own BELL PEPPERS next year.
I've read quite a few stories about how difficult they are to grow - I'm guessing becuase the UK has short summers??
I am prepared to buy/build a greenhouse. Will it need to be heated for success ? Can anyone tell me how to go about this in order to maximize success - I cant seem to find a diffinitive guide on how best to grow them.
Regards Joe.
--
Joe Shmoe

You may want to investigate inexpensive hoop houses before spending a lot on a green house. <http://westsidegardener.com/howto/hoophouse.html Whether or no you would need a heater depends on location, and agricultural practices. Starting peppers inside under grow lights and then moving them to clear, or black plastic covered beds can speed up the harvest date.
--
- Billy