Pepper plants

If I have plants ready to go in the ground (5 to 10" tall) & they already have flower/pepper buds growing is it better to nip them off until the things get bigger or ok to let them grow. Always heard the plant could be stronger if you wait till its larger to allow it to grow peppers. Thanks.
Appreciate the archival response, but none have answered my question.
I always cut them off. The plants need all the energy they can get develop the root system. Flowers use up a lot of energy.

Thanks, Ross, the kind of info I was searching for, had it in the back of my brain that I'd heard this before. Thanks again.
How many plants do you have? If you are planting out several, try more than one way. Put out a plant or 2 without removing the buds and enjoy the early crop. Remove the buds on the others. On a few plants, watch for and remove any other buds that form in the first few weeks. See what forcing the plant to get even bigger before blooming does for the final crop. After this year, you will have learned something and you can share what you have learned with all of us.
Steve