Orthenex

How many days/weeks will Orthenex's pesticide be effective?

Reply to
higgledy

What does it say on the label? What insect are you trying to control?

Reading the information provided by the company before using pesticides on plants you're going to eat is probably a good habit to cultivate.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

Reply to
higgledy

Orthenex is a systemic insecticide/fungicide/miticide. It should not be used on any edible plants. Ornamental use only.

Reply to
Elizabeth

I was hoping someone would point that out by the time I got to the end of this thread. Since this is rec.gardens.edible, Orthene and Orthenex shouldn't even come up as a subject here. I certainly hope the original poster isn't using this or any other pesticide without reading the label! If the label doesn't list the plant we want the spray and the pest we want to control, we should be looking for a product that does list both. Of course, some products give a blanket listing of "ornamentals" so if you want to spray roses and ornamentals is listed, that counts. There may be sprays that list just "vegetables" (for example) but I don't recall ever seeing that. Orthonex will not be listing vegetables, I'm sure.

Steve

Reply to
Steve