online seed

Who/Which company do the gardener's here prefer to buy their seed from?
Is there really a difference?
Thanks njb
In our last fun filled episode, Tue, 11 Nov 2003 03:00:04 GMT,

<www.seedsavers.com>
<www.reimerseeds.com>
<www.chiliplants.com> (Plants only, no seeds) <www.seedsofchange.com>
<www.parkseed.com>
I have had excellent service from all three of these. I also order from <www.rareseeds.com> and have for the most part gotten good service. However, they're not always good about posting which varieties are sold out, and they send you a small Xeroxed credit slip that you can only redeem by sending it in with a snailmail order.

Sure, and a lot of that difference is in what you want and what your expectations are.
I'm a pepper geek, and I send a lot of time deciding exactly what peppers to grow and delving into all the tiny details of each variety. Some companies give very sketchy descriptions of their products that leave a lot of room for interpretation.
For example, Reimers has the most wonderful selection of tomato and pepper varieties. You can get seeds there that you can't get anywhere else. But, (you knew there was a but, didn't you?) their descriptions suck. They make little or no distinction between the heat levels of a mild Grenada Seasoning pepper and a fiery hot Devil's Tongue. Cross Country Nursery (the www.chiliplants one) on the other pod, gives wonderful, detailed descriptions and some history, plus pictures. The drawback there is cost. Buying live plants and having them shipped is pricey, but oh, they ship the most healthy, ready-to-go plants that I have ever gotten from mail order.
Pam, who has already started a pepper wish list for next year.
don't forget http://www.superseeds.com/home.htm
Pam wrote:

My favorite places to buy seeds from include:
Johynny's Selected Seeds Park Seeds Richters (in Canada) Territorial
I've ordered from these companies in the past and have always been pleased with their service, selection, prices, etc.
Lynn Smythe e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net website: http://users.adelphia.net/~lynnsmythe
SPAM)houston.rr.com> proclaimed: