nights are 45F, can I leave my pots outside yet?

Hi All,
I bought my little tomatoes last week from the local green house, They are in their little pots in my garage near a window getting pampered while I wait for the cold night to relent.
The weather service says the nights will be ~45 F for at least the next week. Is it okay to put my plants outside for the night yet?
I plan to put them up against the house to keep them warmer.
Many thanks, -T
I have to watch the weather service carefully, as we can still have freezing nights.
On 5/24/2015 5:30 PM, T wrote:

I understand frost can still be possible if it is colder at the ground than the air above it where temperature is measured.
I bought my tomatoes small and transplanted them into bigger containers. They were kept in a window in the house and brought outside, slowly into more and more sun, and brought in at night until overnight temps exceeded 50. A surprise cold night, with little wind, invites frost.
Planted outside in containers May 15 and noticed marble sized tomato yesterday.
On 05/24/2015 03:12 PM, Frank wrote:

Hi Frank,
Now the weather service says 48F for the week. By placing them up against the house, under an overhang, they should be immune from front, but ...
Thank you for helping me with this.
-T
T wrote:

45F is a little cold, but against the house should help if that wall gets sunshine in the afternoon/evening.

yeah, still here too, i think we're getting plants today.
the forecast here looks ok for the next week too. just hope the frosts are done, it's not fun coming up with covers at the last instant.
songbird
On 05/25/2015 05:55 AM, songbird wrote:

Thank you!
I will wait for the nights to hit 50F. Its they start to drop, the plants go back in the garage.
On 05/25/2015 05:57 PM, T wrote:

should have said: If the temperature starts to drop...