New Fence next to Lemon and Orange trees

I'm getting a new fence put in, right next to my lemon and orange trees (within 2 feet). There is an existing redwood fence there that is over 30 yrs old and giving up the ghost.

The fence guy wants to use pressure treated lumber for the posts and kickboards, but I'm resisting, because I eat the lemons and oranges. Does anyone know if they commonly use a new type of pressure treating now, instead of arsenic (since the 1/2004 ban)? Also, he says using redwood for the posts and kickboards would result in them rotting in

5-10 years - but our old fence lasted so long? Is he full of it, or is the current redwood inferior to the old stuff?

By the way, I'm in the San Jose, CA area, to give you an idea of the weather conditions (mild).

Thanks for your insight!

Jenn snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Jenn