Name that grape ( ? )

I have a grape vine and do not know what type it is. A potted plant was given to me 5 years ago. It thrived and does well here in Sandhills section of North Carolina. The vine bears white grapes ( green up until ripening at which time it takes on a golden blush ). At this time (18 May 08 ) it is slam loaded with clusters of 1/4 inch sized grapes. They ripen early, some time between late July into early August. They ripen medium size grapes - very sweet. The vines is very prolific, and the year before last produced a nice fruity wine. Last year it got hit by severe frost when the new growth was forming ( 3 - 4 inch long ) and I thought it would die, but it did recouperate as soon as things warmed up
Not sure what else to say. If my scanner was working I'd scan a leaf for upload. I do not have a digital camera so that is out. Anybody have any ideas ? The fellow who gave me the plant has no idea what variety.
TIA
= Me

You need an Ag Extension office. To identify a grape you need to see its' leaf, seed, and fruit cluster.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars

Sounds sorta like a scuppernong to me, but find your location here and get an expert to tell you. http://www.ag.ncat.edu/extension/locations.htm
Here are some pictures. http://www.ag.ncat.edu/extension/locations.htm
--
Susan N.

If it made a good tasting wine, it is unlikely to be a native grape.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars