Must be spring

I walked out onto my deck this morning and the aroma of manure was strong. I live in the country, so I am not surprised or upset about it. Need to check and see it the ground is getting dry enough to till for cool weather product.

Reply to
The Cook

You are very fortunate. Had you walked out onto my deck this morning, you would have been met with a temperature of 9 degrees and a 30+MPH wind.

The soil is crunchy on top here and solid as a rock beneath the surface..

Boron

Reply to
Boron Elgar

I have a bad case of spring fever. I'm itching to plant outside, but it's still a bit too cool for anything but the lettuce.

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

Me too. I keep looking at the broccoli, rapini, cabbage and chard and think that I should set them out. Then I notice the 24° lows at night and decide I probably should wait. I think I will start hardening them off during the day now.

Last year I had them all in the ground by now and the peas planted. Looks like things are going to be a little later this year.

Reply to
The Cook

Just checked the weather and the prediction is for only 1 night below freezing (31°) and the rest of the time pretty comfortable. The plants are sitting outside the greenhouse. I will bring them in for a few nights and make sure that I know where the row cover is if needed.

Reply to
The Cook