Must be spring

I walked out onto my deck this morning and the aroma of manure was strong. I live in the country, so I am not surprised or upset about it. Need to check and see it the ground is getting dry enough to till for cool weather product.
--
Susan N.

You are very fortunate. Had you walked out onto my deck this morning, you would have been met with a temperature of 9 degrees and a 30+MPH wind.
The soil is crunchy on top here and solid as a rock beneath the surface..
Boron

I have a bad case of spring fever. I'm itching to plant outside, but it's still a bit too cool for anything but the lettuce.
Penelope
On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 02:23:08 GMT, Penelope Periwinkle

Me too. I keep looking at the broccoli, rapini, cabbage and chard and think that I should set them out. Then I notice the 24 lows at night and decide I probably should wait. I think I will start hardening them off during the day now.
Last year I had them all in the ground by now and the peas planted. Looks like things are going to be a little later this year.
--
Susan N.

Just checked the weather and the prediction is for only 1 night below freezing (31) and the rest of the time pretty comfortable. The plants are sitting outside the greenhouse. I will bring them in for a few nights and make sure that I know where the row cover is if needed.
--
Susan N.