Marigolds deter Rabbits?

Omelet expounded:

LOL! No, hubby is in charge of the collection, he pours it around the perimeter once a week, or after it rains. It does make the grass awfully green all the way around the garden, though!

Reply to
Ann

I'm with Ross on the rabbit issue. I won't eat them, though they are not wasted. A short walk, which I do anyway, and they are offered to the coyotes. They have never refused my gift. ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Coincidence can indeed be amusing sometimes. ;-D

Reply to
Omelet

Under 500 fps should still be effective for small game?

Um, I believe I posted to check the liver. Dad NEVER ate bunny with liver spots. That was one of our checks for diseased carcasses.

Only rabbits with healthy livers were consumed.

They were in the minority.

Reply to
Omelet

I assume that your Firearms Acquisition Certificate is similar to our Insta-Check system, wherein a background check is run through various, including FBI, databases. There is no registration, per se, though who are we kidding, there is always a paper trail.

I am also assuming that, by registering your *firearm*, any private sales are subject to the same criteria? Like it is with handguns, at least in the state in which I live. No registration of handguns, but a Permit to Purchase and background check, through local, state and federal databases. Private sales of long guns are not subject to checks.

Care Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Hm. Good concept then. I can see it making the grass greener. :-) Urine is very high in Nitrogen!

Reply to
Omelet

Okay, whatever works! They would rot here as there are no local coyotes, but rabbits, to date, have never been a problem for me.

Reply to
Omelet

That was worded badly. I meant that diseased bunnies were rare...

Sorry!

Reply to
Omelet

Our system is quite a bit different. For one thing, it is certainly not an "Insta-Check". After you have taken a course in safe firearm handling, or have proven you have sufficient knowledge of the subject you can apply for a FAC. Initial cost is $25.00 and there is at least a 28 day waiting period. A FAC is good for 5 years and there is a $50.00 renewal fee if you renew before the current one expires. You need a FAC to buy, borrow, trade or receive a firearm as a gift. If you're interested, there's a synopsis at

this is supposed to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals. Just make sure you pay your fee and have your application in at least a month before you intend to rob that bank.

Ross.

Reply to
rossr35253