Marigolds deter Rabbits?

If you were in Canada, a "good" air rifle or pistol would be considered a "firearm", i.e any air gun with a muzzle velocity greater than 152.4 m/sec (approx. 500 fps).

I have lots of delicious recipes using rabbit. We raised rabbits commercially for years (New Zealand Whites) and also enjoyed them at table. I wouldn't even consider eating a wild rabbit. Too many parasites, viral and bacterial diseases including tularemia. Have you ever seen the liver out of a wild rabbit? All those little white spots. Not on my plate thanks.
Ross.
snipped-for-privacy@forteinc.com wrote:

Under 500 fps should still be effective for small game?

Um, I believe I posted to check the liver. Dad NEVER ate bunny with liver spots. That was one of our checks for diseased carcasses.
Only rabbits with healthy livers were consumed.
They were in the minority.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

That was worded badly. I meant that diseased bunnies were rare...
Sorry!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

I'm with Ross on the rabbit issue. I won't eat them, though they are not wasted. A short walk, which I do anyway, and they are offered to the coyotes. They have never refused my gift. ;-)
Charlie

Okay, whatever works! They would rot here as there are no local coyotes, but rabbits, to date, have never been a problem for me.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:35:06 -0500, Charlie wrote:

Unfortunately, here in Canada, thanks to our previous Liberal government, if I want to acquire a "real" air rifle nowadays I'd have to renew my Firearms Acquisition Certificate and then register it. Any air rifle with a muzzle velocity greater than 152.4 m/sec. (approx. 500 fps) would fall into the same category as if I was to buy a .460 Weatherby Magnum.
Ross.
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:24:55 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@forteinc.com wrote:

I assume that your Firearms Acquisition Certificate is similar to our Insta-Check system, wherein a background check is run through various, including FBI, databases. There is no registration, per se, though who are we kidding, there is always a paper trail.
I am also assuming that, by registering your *firearm*, any private sales are subject to the same criteria? Like it is with handguns, at least in the state in which I live. No registration of handguns, but a Permit to Purchase and background check, through local, state and federal databases. Private sales of long guns are not subject to checks.
Care Charlie
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:52:06 -0500, Charlie wrote:

Our system is quite a bit different. For one thing, it is certainly not an "Insta-Check". After you have taken a course in safe firearm handling, or have proven you have sufficient knowledge of the subject you can apply for a FAC. Initial cost is $25.00 and there is at least a 28 day waiting period. A FAC is good for 5 years and there is a $50.00 renewal fee if you renew before the current one expires. You need a FAC to buy, borrow, trade or receive a firearm as a gift. If you're interested, there's a synopsis at http://tinyurl.com/2r63o8 All this is supposed to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals. Just make sure you pay your fee and have your application in at least a month before you intend to rob that bank.
Ross.

Honey, shotguns deter bunnies. Get real. (I have recipes.)
Jan