Male / Female Flowers

I have 8 acorn squash plants and so far only one fruit. I have bee
pollenating them by going from flower to flower with a Q-tip twirlin it around inside the flower and then repeating going back the way came. I read several threads in this forum noting that sometime squash produce only female flowers and I read about how to tell th difference. However, this is new to me and all the flowers look th same. I suspect that they are all female but, since they all look th same, I'm not sure. I took a picture (a 112KB .JPG) but it keep saying "Upload failed" so I can't attach it. The flowers do have bulb at the base and some are larger or smaller. If this is the case I guess I should keep looking until I find a male flower and try wit my Q-tip method to pollenate as many female flowers as I can. I di see one bee when I took this picture and I'm getting a good crop o cucumbers and tomatoes right close by
-- Ken Lichtsinn
Ken Lichtsinn wrote:

http://www.beeculture.com/content/pollination_handbook/307.gif for a look.
Lar
Lar;737074 Wrote:

Thanks for the help; I guess they're not all female but all mal flowers. This time I got the picture to upload
--
Ken Lichtsinn

On 8/7/07 6:34 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk, "Ken

So we are now promoting voyeurism an dirty pictures. :=)
Bill
--
Support the troops. Impeach Bush. Oh, I forgot about Cheney.