Making Rainwater Harvesting Illegal

Page 4 of 4

If you see the documentary "Corporation", you will see the Bolivians riot and throw Bechtel out of the country for trying to pull the same shit (criminalizing the collecting of rainwater).
--

- Billy
βœ–
Charlie wrote:

I don't know why it is called grey water, I use rainwater for all my hosehold purposes and the quality is far better than town water.
Here the law is much more sensible. Everybody has a "harvestable right" which is a percentage of the rain that falls on your property. This determines how big your storage can be. As long as you comply with that there is no issue. Extracting water from permanent waterways and bore water are managed separately and it's more complex but I can (for example) pump from the river for "domestic" puposes without a license or any complaint from those who have irrigation licenses (I have one of those too).
David
Add pictures here
βœ–
g'day charlie,
in our state over here we have had water regulations for about 9 years. that states that they the state gov' own 90% of what rain falls from the sky. we don't have to like it (and i'm only the messenger) that's how it is, "they" would rather the rain run into the sea, as they own all of that and along the way.
anyhow as we on oz race onto the privatisation of all water so profits can be made, all states will have similar laws on their books just waiting to be acted on. but suppose they are acting on them in suttle ways.
silly part is most have fallen over themselves to avail of the free handout tank rebates offered country wide. well at least now they know who has the tanks so they can bill you accordingly instead of having to wait for neighbours to dob on neighbours, how the systems run over here.
On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:54:13 -0500, Charlie wrote:
snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,
len & bev
http://www.lensgarden.com.au /
Add pictures here
βœ–

Hey Len!

Creeping incrementalism.....less chance of an out and out revolt by the sheep. No need to start a stampede.

Heh heh......I've always said and warned the boys about "no such thing as a free lunch". You are right, the rebate system more than pays for itself in the long haul. Never give out yout confidentials and privates in return for a few beans. There is no golden goose at the top.
Bill you for the gift of rain.......what a freekin' load.
Hmmm...guess folks need to be building their houses over a huge water tank, errr, basement.

And to you as well.

Charlie
“Water is life's mater and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water.” -- Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 14:41:42 -0500, Charlie wrote:
snipped

the horse would have well and truely bolted. but try to tell them now whlst their heads are buried in sattelite sport of tv forget it.
snipped

were to build again yes for sure.

With peace and brightest of blessings,
len & bev
http://www.lensgarden.com.au /
Add pictures here
βœ–
<Charlie> wrote in message

http://www.alternet.org/workplace/137059/1%2C500_indian_farmers_commit_mass_suicide%3A_why_we_are_complicit_in_these_deaths /
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-contested-rainwater18-2009mar18,0,5585599.story
Here's the unedited response I got from the L.A. Times reporter:
"thanks; the folks i spoke with basically considered it akin to greywater in terms of use and spoke of it interchangeably sometimes with true greywater, so i put in the fudged "generally considered" statement."
Conclusions:
1) Since the first page of Google hits contain nothing but ACCURATE information, he's incompetent for not doing any research other than talking to a few idiots.
2) He fudged, so he is incompetent.
3) He can't write. Incompetent.
I'd ask how he got through journalism school, but I already know the answer.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Well done you for querying his writing! Trouble is if we all did that for the idiotic things we saw/heard in the press we wouldn't have a life.
Add pictures here
βœ–