Rainwater pipework

Hi all. I have to fix a gutter soon and I might as well replace all of the rainwater pipework at the back of the house at the same time.

Is there a pipe junction that will accommodate the 40mm (or whatever size) waste pipes from the bathroom?

Or another solution..so that everything is enclosed?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
51

. Question. Do you still hang domestic plumbing (not roof gutter drains) on the 'outside' of some homes in the UK? As a child in the UK, circa the 1940s and 50s I seem to recall frozen pipes occasionally on the outside of of our rented house in Liverpool. Curiuos! Terry in eastern Canada.

Reply to
terry

Yep! What part of Liverpool? I'm in Old Swan. Arthur

Reply to
51

You should not connect waste pipe from bathroom into rainwater pipe. Strictly illegal. If the Local Authority/Water Company find it you will be forced to take the waste pipe into a foul water drain.

Reply to
Merryterry

No difference in my house.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

'tall depends .... The houses and bungalows surrounding me - all built mid thirties - have foul water (soil pipes) and gulley (gathering kitchen, bath, handbasin and rainwater drainage) combining into one sewer pipe in inspection pits. There's only one pipe emerging , underground, from each property.

Your water company may vary.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Oops sorry! I forgot that there were still some combined Foul/Rainwater systems out there.

Reply to
Merryterry

|>> Is there a pipe junction that will accommodate the 40mm (or whatever |>> size) |>> waste pipes from the bathroom? |>>

|>> Or another solution..so that everything is enclosed? |>>

|>> Thanks. |>>

|>> Arthur |>

|> You should not connect waste pipe from bathroom into rainwater pipe. |> Strictly illegal. If the Local Authority/Water Company find it you will |> be forced to take the waste pipe into a foul water drain. |>

| |'tall depends .... |The houses and bungalows surrounding me - all built mid thirties - have foul |water (soil pipes) and gulley (gathering kitchen, bath, handbasin and |rainwater drainage) combining into one sewer pipe in inspection pits. |There's only one pipe emerging , underground, from each property.

Our house 1950s has had rainwater and bath water going into a single foul water drain since they were built.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

It depends on the area. In urban areas, there's often only a single system to take both surface and foul water and no space for any soakaways. Even in areas where they are separated, you can ask permission to put surface water into the sewer -- a friend was recently granted just such permission, but you do have to ask, and evidence of the permission being granted needs to be lodged with the LA planning department.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel