Just taken on 4 1/2 rods

Hi all..just taken on 4 1/2 rod in allotment 2min walk from where I live. Plot looked worked on so its just a matter of a bit of weeding, marking out beds, and planting out..think I fell on my feet with this one! also rent free until Oct 2012.
Having said all that I am a novice gardener so I'm sure to make mistakes and have a few probs but isn't that what it's all about..can't wait to start cooking with my own produce!
--
derek4rods

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 14:25:58 +0000, derek4rods
There's a bad joke in there somewhere.
Is that 4.5 rod on a side, or a total of 4.5 square rods? There's a big difference between about 93 square metres (4.5 rod square) and 21 square metres (4.5 square rods)?
Congrats either way though.

And then?

Or even eating some of it raw.
Sean Straw wrote:

Better to express it in square cubits. Or barns, or pyeongs or sokhas. Anything but a rational unit.
David

Rod = 51/2 yards (approximately 5.029 m). (also square rod) a square measure, esp. for land, equal to 160th of an acre or 301/4 square yards (approximately 25.29 sq
Occam's Razor comes to mind.
--
E Pluribus Unum

Know where your money is tonight?

If you don't like digging, do a web search for "no dig gardening".