Fusarium Wilt question

Does FW make tomatoes inedible? I have a plant with a darn-near ripe tomato, but it's showing the obvious signs of the disease.
Yesterday, I had to pull up some twenty or so plants from a smaller garden I keep across the road. This is first plant in the "main garden" to become infected. :( I've had bacterial wilt in the past, but this is my only experience with fusarium. It seems more tenacious than bacterial wilt, perhaps owing to our hot wet summer.