Fruit conversations

What did the blackberry say to my wife ?

Preserve me !

So she did , and we got 9 half-pints of delicious jam from yesterday's pickin' .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Our blackberry picking was over last month. We have about 25 pints, half pints, and quarter pints ready for the thundering herd to arrive (grands and great grands).

I'm checking the pears daily, just in case birds decide they want them. I am looking forward to pear jelly, slices, and pear sauce this fall, I hope.

We're looking at getting some domesticated dewberry sets this fall or next spring. Have a nice place for them along the fence line. Those are my favorite berries, ripen sooner than blackberries and are much sweeter. It's a good thing we didn't move back onto ten acres, I would be down in my back from planting "stuff."

Go slow on the jam Snag keep that sugar high down.

George

Reply to
George Shirley

:) love seedless blackberry jam!

we don't grow them here. i'm afraid to plant them after seeing what they turn into in some places. we don't need any more wild and crazy invasive plants...

songbird

Reply to
songbird

I do limit myself , it would be very easy to eat too much .The berries here are just now starting to come off , lots of small berries this year . I just used up every empty pint and half pint jar in the house for honey , we need more !

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Well , this isn't seedless , and the bushes aren't thornless ... and they do tend to spread if we don't stay on top of them . But IMO they're worth it . I don't know if they're native here or introduced , but they are all over , and this year they're all loaded with fruit . Berries are small , but lots of them make up for that .

Reply to
Terry Coombs