Frozen Lima Beans

Depends on what the doctor charged! You weren't exactly smart then, were you? LOL

Jill

Reply to
jmcquown

Sure I was, I was very inquisitive. hehe

Reply to
Sheldon

You're welcome, sometimes we have to remind each other about good grub, cheap.

George

Reply to
George Shirley

I did the same thing with barley.

Never met a bean I didn't like.

When I was five years old I poked a lima bean up each nostril and had to be taken to a doctor to have them removed. Is that considered fancy? LOL

Sheldon

Reply to
Brian

String beans have always been my first choice.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

Lima beans in Asia is white; alos avaialble at American grocery store in dry form.

Reply to
mm

By fresh, do you eman raw beans (after soaking in water or after boiling)?

Lima beans have a chemical that is toxic and must be released by boiling off.....

Reply to
mm

Try making a soup with lima beans (I used dried one soaked overnigth) using onions and amy be garlic too. Then add dill (fresh one) just before removing the heat.

I made it once only ...that's only because I hate peeling the skin. I don't like to eat the skin on lima beans ..

Reply to
mm

This is the kind of stuff we ate often when growing up, I grew up by the Mississippi in Illinois so at times we had lotsa catfish, smoked sturgeon, river/lake perch, carp, plus whatever we had from the garden (I remember being a real tiny kid and eating fried rabbit and squirrel that my older brothers had hunted). Now this kind of stuff can be seen on big - city fancy resto menus, it's "deconstructed" and then reconstructed (more often than not it's more like "misconstrued") as "American Classic Cuisine" and served at 20++ bucks per plate (and a miniscule portion to boot). When I was a kid nobody told us it was "poor food"...

Gawd I cringe when I see morel mushrooms in the stupormarket here in Chicawgo for $39.95/lb, when I was a kid we'd pick gunnysacks full and we gave most away, if you had charged for them you would have been dragged off and committed to the County Home...

:-)

Reply to
Gregory Morrow

I don't eat Lima beans (can't stand 'em!) but I do often use dill with steamed veggie dishes. Fish too.

Reply to
Omelet

I never used with steam veges. I should try. I love dill btu never knew where to use to finish off the big bunch you get in an Asian store.

Reply to
mm

I often dry the large bunches I get at the asian market and store in a jar. I use them on just about any steamed veggie as well as grilled fish and sauteed shrimps.

Take 1 lb. of peeled and deveined shrimp and toss into a skillet in a mix of hot butter and olive oil. Add a light sprinkling of garlic powder, a generous amount of dried (or fresh) dill weed and a bit of salt free lemon pepper.

Stir gently until all of the shrimp is pink.

Serve over steamed veggies, pasta, or rice.

Reply to
Omelet

Are you sure you're not talking about fava beans? The skins on limas is onion-skin thin.

Reply to
Emma Thackery

How about "Easy #2"?

I like Lima beans with cottage cheese on the side. Doesn't need much dressing up - just a touch of salt on both and some black pepper on the cottage cheese. I can make a very filling meal out of that with only two ingredients.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Yes, I am sure. We never ate the skin back home.

Reply to
mm

You don't find cottage cheese already salty enough? Does the cottage cheese making process require so much salt or is it just a common practice?

Reply to
Emma Thackery

Not so much, but digging a hole in the ice to plant the seedlings can be a real bitch.

Reply to
Tonto Goldstein