Coffee?

on certain coffee selling websites the advertise "Green beans" can these be grown? Cheers, Ford.
No thanks. I'm in a hurry this morning.

See
http://www.coffeeresearch.org/coffee/homegrowing.htm
It appears that green (unroasted) coffee beans *can* germinate.

I'll have to tell my mom :)
Hershey used to offer sproutable cocoa beans (many years ago) but I never had any luck with them. Anyone here addicted enough to have tried growing their own chocolate? :)
~REZ~

Absolutely, we have several coffee plants growing in pots in our sunroom, sprouted from green (meaning un roasted) coffee beans. One point to remember though, the greens should be reasonably fresh. Ross, Ontario, Canada. New AgCanada Zone 5b 4319' North 8016' West
Ross Reid wrote:

And more good news, because the flowers are perfect, you can get coffee beans from a single plant. I get about a quarter cup once a year from a seven foot plant. ;-)
--
HLS

According to: http://www.coffeeresearch.org/coffee/homegrowing.htm yes, you can.

Thanks for all that I'm off shopping :0) Ford.