Blueberry Propogation

Hi, I've been exploring starting new blueberry bushes from my existing and very healthy ones. The simplest advice so far has been to make cuttings (about 6") from the new growth and stick each cutting into a prepared bed of peat moss and vermiculite and sand or pine bark. I guess I should cover the new shoots with a chicken wire hat so the deer don't get it. Has anyone had any luck with this method or have any advice about what would work?Thanks, Janet

Hi Janet, you might try checking this place http://berrygrape.oregonstate.edu/category/fruit-growing/berry-crops/blueberry / . Not trying to take the wind out of your sails but I've read that blueberrys are one of the hardest to propagate. I've also read that the method that you described is the most successful. GOOD LUCK!