Blueberries - HELP

Hello,
As a novice gardener (an overstatement at that) I am looking for some advice. It is my mother's birthday in early december and I am looking to buy her a blueberry plant. I need some advice on which variety to buy, when to buy it as I will need to look after it for a short while, and where to buy it from.
I live in the UK and December can be a pretty bleak time. Is it wise to buy a blueberry plant then? I don't want to look after it for too long as my Mother is the expert and not me (it will be a shadow of itself if I have it for too long unfortunately).
Is it wise to order it mail-order? What is a good price? I heard they grow best if two varieties are planted together - can anyone verify this?
I'd be so grateful for any advice!
Thanks
--
JubJub

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 00:14:00 +0100, JubJub wrote:

Here in New England you would plant blueberry bushes in May. They need acid soil and they take a few years before they start producing. I've had my best results from high bush blueberries.