Anyone recommend some colourful garden trees?

Hi all, our house is right on the edge of a forest we have lots o
lovely green trees but we'd like to add some trees of differen colours, about 8 medium sized trees in total, any recommendations
--
Freedom_Spark

Kousa Dogwood Stewardia Franklinia Magnolia Crab apple Cherry Dogwood Pine
<http://www.rhs.org.uk/search/index.asp
Prunus <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prunus>
This will get you going but the best is to visit a garden an look about. Take Pen & Paper & camera. Spring summer fall and winter are issues too.
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Neat place .. http://www.petersvalley.org/

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote:

There a few different varieties that bloom at different times too.
<http://www.waysidegardens.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisp lay?storeId151&catalogId151&langId=-1&SearchText=kousa&mainPage=tex tsearchresults&RequestType=NewRequest&go.x=0&go.y=0&go=submit>
or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4ecys9
<http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/cgi-local/search.pl?text=Kousa&name.x & name.y=8&name=Go>
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Neat place .. http://www.petersvalley.org/
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, you've been very helpful
--
Freedom_Spark

Freedom_Spark;795507 Wrote:

Yes - you will certainly get fruit this year. Get them into growbags o the ground as soon as possible, feed weekly, and you will be inundate with tomatoes. With 20 plants you will probably be begging people t take them
--
beccabunga

beccabunga wrote:

With 20 plants, there won't be a neighbor left that will speak by the end of the season!! :-)

Learn to can the tomatoes, keep them for yourself. Homemade spaghetti sauce and tomato juice, yum yum. 20 plants is just about right.
Enjoy Life ... Dan
--
Email "dan lehr at comcast dot net". Text only or goes to trash automatically.

That's great guys, thanks. You're right I'll probably be giving tomatoe
to every neighbour in a ten mile radius. Actually judging by the usua rate of tomato consumption at our house that might not be necessary
-- Freedom_Spark