Anti Slug and Snail Experiment

Following postings about slugs and snails and copper wire etc., I am performing some experiments which gardeners, (that does not include me, I am a non gardener, 'her outdoors' is the gardener) might like to follow.
Pictures at http://www.myalbum.com/Album-NSVC6IM7
One of the pictures shows a slug which is reluctant in going over the copper wire.
Other pictures are self explanatory .
The three pots of beans are now under the tender care of 'her outdoors' in her greenhouse. Once the plants show above the compost, they will be placed in a 'vulnerable' position outdoors where the slugs and snails seem to frequent.
Watch this space.
Be delighted to answer any questions.
The Cathodic/Electrolytic Action experiment with two dissimilar metals round a pot may follow later.
Mike

Uh, the slug appears to be "in" the raised garden. Maybe he is reluctant to leave a free lunch. In the picture with the copper tape, there is no plant to attract the slugs or did they already eat it?;-)
--

Billy